11:37 pm

PASSION FOR THINGS

             I realised I haven’t been updating on anything for a while now simply because there is just so much happening everyday I can’t keep up! Looking back to my last entry which was on the 25th of November 2012 really made me realised that I need to update something haha. This morning, I was just browsing back my Myspace accounts. Yes, I have two accounts. One was my personal account and another one was a Graphic Account. It was actually a fan account meant for my favorite artists or bands back then. Namely The Jonas Brothers, Miley Cyrus, Demi Lovato, Selena Gomez, The Twilight Saga and etc. Haha yes, I was a Disney freak once but that was ages ago, when I was only 10 years old.


A screen capture of what Myspace looks like right now. Horrible layout haha.
My Graphic account name was Blankshirt Graphics.

             Those days (Year 2006), technology was quite uncommon for us as kids. That was the first time I learned about the Internet. During those days, kids and teenagers are into “Myspace” accounts. I had one when I was 10. There was this phenomena where kids and teenagers those days are into editing photos using free software online (Photobucket, Picnik and etc) and I was one of them. So I asked myself, were there any software that you could actually do more instead of some boring limited choices of effects? With the power of Google, I knew Adobe Photoshop. It was a self-discovery and knowing that the price of the software is super expensive, I was totally despaired. My dad wouldn’t allow me to download anything from the Internet because of virus and stuffs. But I took the risk and downloaded the free trial of Adobe Photoshop. At the age of 10, what do I know about Photoshop? That was when Youtube came in handy.


I watched videos of tutorials starting from the very beginning and the basics. It was hard but as I experimented a few times, I did quite a good job as a first timer and a 10 years old child haha poyo. That was the moment when a spark of interest came in. Back then on Myspace, there was this trend of making accounts for your favorite artist (more like a fan page) and the account holders were actually among graphic students from all over the world. What they do was actually photo manipulating pictures of their favorite artists or bands and sharing them with one another. I took part in it and made another account for my graphic site. Nak tengok my progress through the years? Nah.

2006 - 10 years old 

2007 - 11 years old

2008 - 12 years old









Can you clearly see the progress? Haha, segan nak besarkan gambar-gambar tahun 2006 and 2007. Ok la tu kan for a 12 years old kid hehe. It took me 3 years to learn and master all the basics. But hey I did enjoyed all the process, haha and definitely gave me the advantage bila naik secondary school. Dapat join editorial board time form 4 (my biggest dream ever). So it's true when a saying goes, "When you know your passion, your whole world will change". I seriously don't mind sleeping late at night just to do the things that I love. Eyebags besar mana pun can't stop me from doing it haha. 

So yeah, this throwback session was really an eye opener for me as I see myself today, 18 years old and still going strong in what I do. I plan on continuing my studies in this field throughout the next few years as I endeavor to expand my business to a whole new level with my passion in this field ece poyo but hey it's true haha.
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© This is Ain Nurina. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Made By pipdig